As someone who tests lots of Foursquare apps, I’ve long wished for a way to avoid typing my email address and password every time I try a new Foursquare-connected app. Foursquare recently rolled out Native Auth for developers on iOS and Android, which eliminates unnecessary typing and makes the process painless. Foursquare announced today via […]
Yelp is known for having a more complete set of venue information than Foursquare, with data on things like credit cards, WiFi and outdoor seating. Now Foursquare is trying to close that gap with a new feature they’ve recently added to the iPhone app that asks users to provide much of the same information Yelp […]
In Austin Carr’s revealing long-form profile of Foursquare co-founder Dennis Crowley published today by Fast Company, Crowley showed off the future of the service that’s already running on his phone as an alpha test. It can be summed up in one word: passive. It’s a future Crowley has hinted at it in talks since 2010, […]
Periodically Foursquare sits down and optimizes their mobile app for speed. Version 6.2.4, which launched today, is one of those updates. The short and sweet release notes simply say: Foursquare now loads twice as fast! We spent a lot of timing tuning it up… Take the update for a spin. I don’t remember the app […]
Over the past year, Foursquare has put a lot of work into identifying neighborhoods instead of just cities. Most of that work helps on the backend, making it easier to perform a search for “sushi in SoHo,” for instance, but now there’s an external benefit users will be able to see: bonus points for checking […]
- Foursquare launches beautiful new design for iOS 7 — complete with passive recommendations for all December 10, 2013
- Foursquare expands data collection efforts to the web November 25, 2013
- Upload photos from your computer to Foursquare check-ins or venues with new web-based tool November 22, 2013
- Pinterest launches Foursquare-powered place pins November 21, 2013
- Friday Fun: What’s your Foursquare type? November 15, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- Chris Thompson says: If I have to agree that these are some issues they'll...
- Pooja Malhotra says: Nice and attractive. http://dhoom3online.wordpress.com/
- Daniel Wiegand says: Added some new types like baker man or barista...
- Filmsquare says: Although, as you say, the general functionality hasn't changed, as a...
- Hunter Wilson says: I didn't realize these were now in "Suggest an Edit". Thanks.
Also available in