Remember the days when Foursquare let companies other than soccer teams launch partner badges? No? Me either. FC Köln joins the ranks of soccer teams with badges today. Fans can unlock the badge by liking the team and checking in at their matches. Like other team badges, additional levels (up to 10) are available for […]
Today, Foursquare is launching its biggest move yet toward passive recommendations, offering to push relevant notifications to Android users without them needing to check in. The system works by monitoring their locations and occasionally sending recommendations for a place to eat lunch or a spot not to miss in a new city. With the launch […]
For the past few years, Foursquare has been making the tricky move from social network to social discovery service. Today they launched one of their biggest steps in that direction: a Windows 8 app that eschews the traditional activity feed and focuses solely on discovery. The app shows Foursquare’s recommendations for things to do right […]
All that data Foursquare has been collecting by asking users questions after the check-in is now being put to good use. Yesterday they launched slightly redesigned venue pages on the web and in the mobile apps that highlight data like outdoor seating and Wi-Fi availability.
Not to be outdone by their Barclay’s Premier League counterparts, Sunderland AFC have launched their own Foursquare badge for users who check in to their matches.
- Foursquare launches beautiful new design for iOS 7 — complete with passive recommendations for all December 10, 2013
- Foursquare expands data collection efforts to the web November 25, 2013
- Upload photos from your computer to Foursquare check-ins or venues with new web-based tool November 22, 2013
- Pinterest launches Foursquare-powered place pins November 21, 2013
- Friday Fun: What’s your Foursquare type? November 15, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Display your foursquare checkins on Google Maps the easy way July 8, 2010
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Dennis Hopper, Amare, Celtics & Foursquare #BODSW - @SportsGeek says: […] Swarms are the next big thing in Foursquare with a...
- #WriteTheFuture, Foursquare Search, Amare & Steele - @SportsGeek says: […] for new ways to look at Foursquare? Try 4sqSearch (via...
- MBR: Sweet Deals, Sweet Business Tips | Owner Nation says: […] AMERICAN EXPRESS OFFERS EVEN MORE ENCOURAGEMENT TO SHOP AT SMALL...
- Murilo Delmondes says: So, is this blog dead?
- Goodbye foursquare | Koke's Journal says: […] I’ve used foursquare since 2010, submitted a bunch of new...
Also available in