Europeans will appreciate the latest efforts of their government at work. The European Union has launched a Foursquare badge aimed at reminding citizens to vote in next year’s elections. Foursquare users can unlock the badge by liking the European Parliament and checking in at the locations on their lists, which include the greenest cities of [...]
Foursquare for Blackberry — which comes pre-installed on all Blackberry 10 devices — was updated to version 10.1.2 yesterday, bringing a number of enhancements and bug fixes. The biggest change is the addition of things happening nearby to the home screen. You’ll see nearby friends and interesting places nearby, including trending venues. The app has [...]
Despite Foursquare’s focus on the check-in metric to provide accurate recommendations, they’re still in need of tips to really compete in the local search arena. To that end, they’ve recently begun two email campaigns meant to get more users adding tips. The first email welcomes users back once they’ve returned home after a trip. It [...]
This post is mainly for the design nerds out there. Gotham has long been the official typeface for Foursquare’s printed materials, dating back to their original Brand Book from 2011. Different versions of Helvetica have anchored the web site and mobile apps — primarily because Gotham has never been officially available for use on websites. [...]
There are plenty of apps that digest your spending and provide charts and graphs showing exactly where your money is going. I’ve never seen one, though, that maps those transactions so you can get a feel for where they took place geographically. That’s the premise of the TechCrunch Disrupt NY Hackathon winner, Rambler.io. It connects to [...]
- Foursquare opens their full firehose of check-in data via Gnip May 23, 2013
- Foursquare brings advanced filtering options to mobile apps May 22, 2013
- Highlight the little moments that make up your day with Days May 20, 2013
- Foursquare makes it easier to add hours for venues May 20, 2013
- B-Roll: Foursquare now lets you see more similar places May 17, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- mdunlap says: It'd be nice if "Jimmy Foursquare" would stop trying to add...
- Philippos says: How do you become a SU3?
- Yepi Didi says: thanks. this application was great
- Simple Tech Solutions for Creating Community on Campus » Each One – Teach One says: [...] Foursquare and Mozilla both use badges for various education-related online and real-life accomplishments.
- Simple Tech Solutions for Creating Community on Campus | Getting Smart says: [...] Foursquare and Mozilla both use badges for various education-related online and real-life accomplishments.
Also available in