Foursquare has launched a partnership with CNN to complement the network’s coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. CNN has highlighted venues in host nation South Africa as well as ones that will be hosting viewing parties around the world. They say users will be able to unlock exclusive badges by checking in at both [...]
Foursquare is rolling out a new website design that highlights their partner brands even more prominently than before. Most pages throughout the site now feature an “Also on Foursquare” section featuring rotating links that point to brands like TLC and the Wall Street Journal. The footer and menu bar at the top have also been [...]
On Monday, June 21st, the GRAMMYs will host a “GRAMMY Artists Revealed” event starring Melissa Etheridge at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City. One lucky Foursquare user who checks in to the event venue between now and 8 pm on June 18th will win a pair of VIP tickets to see Etheridge perform [...]
There’s no doubt you’ve seen venues listed many different ways in Foursquare’s database. Foursquare provides some guidance to users who add or edit venues, but they’ve left out a lot of things that have been left up to user interpretation. To help fill in those gaps, we’ve added a style guide to this site for [...]
Foursquare has launched two more partnerships with large media companies: Showtime and Metromix. Showtime’s partnership is in support of their new show The Real L Word, set to premiere June 20th. TRLW is a reality show spin-off of Showtime’s popular series The L Word. It follows six lesbians through their daily lives in Los Angeles. [...]
- Foursquare’s post check-in advertising spotted in the wild June 19, 2013
- Feeling anti-social? Use Foursquare data to get as far away from your friends as possible June 19, 2013
- Austin Chronicle launches its own Foursquare badge June 18, 2013
- Share your trips and relive your past — across all your social media profiles — with Esplorio June 17, 2013
- Relive check-ins past and find new places to check in next with Foursquare’s new Time Machine June 13, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- Chris Thompson says: Thanks! I've updated the post with the clarification.
- Austin Chronicle says: To clarify, we are included in their national ad network, though...
- CrackedLCD says: Ha ha, too funny. I live on the coast so...
- Chris Thompson says: Thanks for the reply. Our information came from Voice Media themselves,...
- Thomas Hunsaker says: Agreed, this seems like a decent way to provide value. This...
Also available in