Just when it was beginning to look like it wasn’t going to happen, Foursquare has launched a badge for Halloween 2013. It makes the fourth consecutive year Foursquare has celebrated the holiday with a badge. To unlock the badge, you’ll need to wait until Halloween evening in your time zone and then shout “Happy Halloween!” […]
Late last week, Philly.com, the local news and information website of The Philadelphia Inquirer, became the latest local publisher to launch their own badge on Foursquare with the release of the Philly Local badge. Foursquare users can unlock the badge by liking Philly.com on Foursquare and checking in at the places they’ve recommended, including their […]
Some of Foursquare’s earliest attempts at monetization came from content publishers like the History Channel and Bravo, which left tips at places where users could earn their badges. As the company moved on to merchants and other advertisers, the pages those publishers created were largely forgotten. Today Foursquare has come full circle, offering new analytics […]
Foursquare today launched a new home page for their users that marries the look and feel of the logged-out homepage with the friend-finding utility of the latest app refreshes. At the top of the screen, users will see a list and map showing their friends’ most recent check-ins nearby. Check-ins can be liked from this […]
Foursquare today launched version 6.4 of their iPhone app, which brings their real-time passive recommendations to iOS for the first time and greatly simplifies the activity feed. The reduced activity feed came to the Android app on Monday. The activity feed eliminates a lot of the cruft that appeared in Foursquare 5.0, boiling it down […]
- Foursquare expands data collection efforts to the web November 25, 2013
- Upload photos from your computer to Foursquare check-ins or venues with new web-based tool November 22, 2013
- Pinterest launches Foursquare-powered place pins November 21, 2013
- Friday Fun: What’s your Foursquare type? November 15, 2013
- Foursquare’s Head of Product leaves company November 13, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- Hunter Wilson says: I didn't realize these were now in "Suggest an Edit". Thanks.
- Hunter Wilson says: I'm excited to see how this will be implemented into Foursquare...
- Louis Vuitton | Top 500 facebook fan pages says: […] 1,158 Yesterday 6,279 Lists (#837 Site Rank) 2,185 Tweets 225...
- Convergencia de redes sociales | Periodismo sin Papel says: […] película, captar el audio en shazam y descargar la canción;...
- Tom Steele says: As a "public figure" to a small degree, this is very...
Also available in