The new universal “Save to foursquare” bookmarklet is a great way to save places you find on the internet directly to your foursquare to-do list, but if you’re like me, you’re probably doing a significant portion of your web browsing on an iPad these days. There’s no easy way to add the bookmarklet to an iPad, despite Apple’s “drag and drop” ease of use for almost everything else.
That doesn’t mean it’s impossible to do, it just takes a little extra effort to get it working. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to get a “Save to Foursquare” bookmarklet on your iPad.
- Create a new bookmark (this page, any page, doesn’t matter) by tapping the share button and then “Add Bookmark.”
- Name it “Save to foursquare” and click save.
- Open your bookmarks by clicking the bookmarks button and then tap “Edit.”
- Scroll to your new “Save to foursquare” bookmark and tap it to bring up the edit bookmark screen.
- Return to your bookmarks list, move it up or down as you see fit and then click “Done.”
To test it, head to a page that you know has an hCard address or two embedded (this one is a good example), open your bookmarks and tap your new “Save to foursquare” bookmark. You should see the foursquare box pop up to confirm the addition to your to-do list.