To update your profile picture on Foursquare, visit your settings page. Click the “edit” link next to the “Account Info” heading. Next, click the browse button and select the photo you’d like to use. Be sure to click save at the bottom of the Account Info section when you’re done.
I recommend starting with an image that is already square, otherwise your picture will be “squished” to fit into a square. You can do this using the crop function of any image editing program on your computer or by using a free online photo editor such as Picnik.com. To crop a photo to a square using Picnik:
- Start by uploading your photo using the “Upload a Photo” button.
- On the edit tab, click the crop button at the top.
- Choose “square” from the dropdown that says “no constraints.”
- Drag the corners of the box to select the portion of the image you’re like to keep.
- When you’re satisfied, click OK.
- Click the “Save & Share” tab and select “Save Photo” to download the photo to your computer.