pssst……. 8 million.
— Anna Frenkel (@af) March 30, 2011
Foursquare officially hit the 8 million user mark this afternoon. It’s been just over a month since they crossed 7 million users.
Much of their recent growth can be attributed to the busy month they’ve had. In March alone we’ve seen:
- the release of foursquare 3.0 with its Explore feature and new points
- expanded specials for businesses
- a new business dashboard and statistics
- the Venues Project that opens foursquare location data to many more developers
- a ground-breaking deal with American Express
- and a very strong showing at SXSW, including 22 new badges
April stands to be a strong growth month as well. Foursquare day will be celebrated all over the world on April 16 when local superfans will be working to promote foursquare to users and businesses.
What do you think has been foursquare’s biggest driver of growth recently?