This year’s Christmas shopping season marks foursquare’s first big test as a deals platform. Merchants all over the country have paired up with the service to offer “specials” to users for checking in. Here’s a rundown of the nationwide specials you’ll be able to take advantage of on Black Friday:
- Toys R Us: The first 3,000 users to check in nationwide will receive a 15% discount good on a future purchase of $150 or more. You can also earn a badge for checking in.
- RadioShack: RadioShack offers escalating discounts for foursquare users: 10% just for checking in, 15% if you’re the mayor of the store or 20% if you’ve unlocked their Holiday Hero badge.
- Zales/Gordon’s Jewelers: Receive $50 off a $300 purchase.
- JC Penney: Check in to get $10 off a $50 purchase.
- American Eagle: Check in for a 15% discount on your entire purchase.
- Sports Authority: Tweet your checkin on Black Friday and you could be randomly selected to receive a $500 gift card. Listen for your name over the store’s PA system.
- Ritz Camera & Image: Get 5 free 4×6 prints.
- Piercing Pagoda: Check in to receive 10% off your entire purchase.
- Barnes & Noble (only in larger stores): Receive $1 off a selection of 24 CDs on the specially marked foursquare rack.
- FYE: Get 10% off any one CD, DVD, Blu-Ray or Video Game.
- Payless ShoeSource: Take $5 off any $25 purchase on your first checkin.
- Gap (added 11/23): Check in and receive 30% off any one item and Gap will donate $1 to Camp Interactive in the name of foursquare co-founders Dennis Crowley and Naveen Selvadurai.
If shopping makes you hungry, you’ll be able to find foursquare specials at McCormick & Schmicks, Ben & Jerry’s, most Chili’s, and Pizza Hut (mayors only).
We’ll continue to update this post as we learn of more deals. Do you know of any we should add?