Whether you check in to the wrong place accidentally or just decide you don’t want your friends to know you’ve been eating at McDonald’s, sometimes you just have to delete a foursquare check-in. It’s easy to do, but you have to know where to look.
With the launch of the new foursquare history interface, the method has changed slightly. Follow these steps to delete a check-in on foursquare:
- Navigate to your history page on the foursquare site.
- Find the check-in you want to delete. If it’s a recent one, it should be at the top of the page, but you may need to use the filtering features to find older check-ins.
- Mouse over the check-in and click the arrow that appears on the right-hand side (not the link with the venue name) to be taken to the actual check-in page.
- To the right of the venue name at the top of the page, you’ll see a small circle with an X in the middle (above). Click that X to delete the check-in.
- Confirm your choice in the pop-up box and your check-in will be gone for good.
This is one of the only foursquare tasks that has no equivalent from within the mobile apps. You’ll have to visit the actual foursquare website to do it.
UPDATE: The new history page makes this a little trickier on iOS devices. Carl has a workaround for it in the comments.