Foursquare has just released photos of their integration with a variety of daily deal providers and more details about how you’ll be able to buy the offers.
All the offers appear in the foursquare Explore tab, where they’ll be recommended to you based on time of day, your checkin history and more. Like all items in Explore, you’ll be able to see exactly why foursquare is recommending them to you.
You’ll be able to purchase the deals directly through the foursquare app or from the foursquare site.
According to foursquare, the five providers at launch are:
- LivingSocial, with their handpicked experiences that you can share with friends, all over the world;
- Gilt City, which unlocks insider access to the best of your city, like exclusive menus and tickets to sold-out shows;
- zozi, focusing exclusively on unique experiences and activities like moonlight kayaking, cycling and wine tasting, and shark diving;
- BuyWithMe, for discovering the best experiences in 13 cities across the U.S.; and,
- AT&T Interactive (Deal of the Day from YP.com), with over 50% off their daily deals for real life in Atlanta, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Los Angeles.
Offers are available on iPhone, Android and Blackberry starting today.
It appears these new specials won’t be intrusive to the rest of the foursquare experience, which should be a welcome relief for the users who were concerned with daily offers taking over foursquare. They’re limited to the specials tab, where they’ll only be seen by people looking for deals anyway.
What do you think of the new daily deal offers?