Late last week, Foursquare launched a new version of their iOS app that feels even more at home on iOS 7 than the slightly-redesigned version that hit when iOS 7 launched. It features little in the way of functionality, but is the most complete redesign of the app since it launched. It also brings, for […]
Category: Mobile Apps
Apple’s location-based reminders are incredibly useful, but if you’ve ever used the Reminders app to create location-based alerts you know that you have about a 50/50 shot of actually finding the venue you want to use in their database. Venues, a free app, makes adding those reminders easier by letting you create alerts based on the Foursquare database, likely the most comprehensive database of businesses anywhere.
Foursquare updated their Android app today with a new feature they’re calling “swipey maps.” When users drag the Explore map down to expand it, they’ll be able to swipe through the places. Tips are shown as each spot is highlighted on the map. This new design is much easier to browse than the old method […]
Foursquare today launched version 6.4 of their iPhone app, which brings their real-time passive recommendations to iOS for the first time and greatly simplifies the activity feed. The reduced activity feed came to the Android app on Monday. The activity feed eliminates a lot of the cruft that appeared in Foursquare 5.0, boiling it down […]
With the launch of iOS 7 later today, Foursquare yesterday refreshed the look of their iOS app to match the look of the new operating system. The app gets some brighter colors and loses most of its shadows and textures to fit with the flat look of iOS 7. It also includes a new icon […]
- Foursquare launches beautiful new design for iOS 7 — complete with passive recommendations for all December 10, 2013
- Foursquare expands data collection efforts to the web November 25, 2013
- Upload photos from your computer to Foursquare check-ins or venues with new web-based tool November 22, 2013
- Pinterest launches Foursquare-powered place pins November 21, 2013
- Friday Fun: What’s your Foursquare type? November 15, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- Pooja Malhotra says: Nice and attractive. http://dhoom3online.wordpress.com/
- Daniel Wiegand says: Added some new types like baker man or barista...
- Filmsquare says: Although, as you say, the general functionality hasn't changed, as a...
- Hunter Wilson says: I didn't realize these were now in "Suggest an Edit". Thanks.
- Hunter Wilson says: I'm excited to see how this will be implemented into Foursquare...
Also available in