The questions Foursquare asks in order to expand their data collection efforts now appear on the website as well as the mobile apps. Foursquare first began asking users of their mobile apps questions like “Does this place take credit cards?” in August in order to expand their available data about places to more closely match […]
After years of seeing Pinterest users pinning places informally, the company has finally introduced a place-specific pin that incorporates location data and adds more context when users pin places. The location data is powered by Foursquare. The place pins go on a new type of board that includes a beautiful MapBox-powered map. The pins […]
Alex Rainert, Foursquare’s Head of Product — and company employee #10 — has announced that he’s leaving the company. Rainert hasn’t yet said what his next project will be beyond spending some quality time with his infant son as his wife ends her maternity leave. His duties will be taken over by Noah Weiss, who […]
The makers of the Pebble smartwatch today unveiled several new updates to the watch, including an upcoming partnership with Foursquare. With today’s update, Pebble users will now be able to receive iOS 7 notifications directly on their watches, including the real time recommendations Foursquare recently began providing on the iOS platform. There are few detail […]
Foursquare today launched a new home page for their users that marries the look and feel of the logged-out homepage with the friend-finding utility of the latest app refreshes. At the top of the screen, users will see a list and map showing their friends’ most recent check-ins nearby. Check-ins can be liked from this […]
- Foursquare expands data collection efforts to the web November 25, 2013
- Upload photos from your computer to Foursquare check-ins or venues with new web-based tool November 22, 2013
- Pinterest launches Foursquare-powered place pins November 21, 2013
- Friday Fun: What’s your Foursquare type? November 15, 2013
- Foursquare’s Head of Product leaves company November 13, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- Hunter Wilson says: I didn't realize these were now in "Suggest an Edit". Thanks.
- Hunter Wilson says: I'm excited to see how this will be implemented into Foursquare...
- Louis Vuitton | Top 500 facebook fan pages says: […] 1,158 Yesterday 6,279 Lists (#837 Site Rank) 2,185 Tweets 225...
- Convergencia de redes sociales | Periodismo sin Papel says: […] película, captar el audio en shazam y descargar la canción;...
- Tom Steele says: As a "public figure" to a small degree, this is very...
Also available in