There are plenty of apps that digest your spending and provide charts and graphs showing exactly where your money is going. I’ve never seen one, though, that maps those transactions so you can get a feel for where they took place geographically. That’s the premise of the TechCrunch Disrupt NY Hackathon winner, Rambler.io. It connects to [...]
Category: API Apps
Every year, Partners in Preservation focuses on one area of the country where they offer grants to historic buildings in need of funds for preservation projects. This year’s campaign centers on Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia. They’re asking the public to vote on the most worthy of the 24 candidates and your Foursquare check-ins could [...]
Ever wonder just how far you’ve traveled since you started checking in on Foursquare? There’s a new site that can tell you. Foursquare distance connects to your account and calculates the distance between each of your check-ins and then totals it up to determine how far you’ve been. I was amazed to see I’ve been [...]
In the sometimes labyrinthine stations of Atlanta’s MARTA system, it can take several minutes to make it from the entrance to train level. Dawdle for a few seconds and you could easily miss your train and have to wait twenty minutes for the next one. MARTA Alerts, a new Foursquare connected app from Andrew Watson, aims to [...]
I imagine this next app will appeal to a very limited set of our readers. You must: Want to have all your Foursquare check-ins automatically posted to Twitter or App.net, without the ability to selectively choose which ones are posted Not like how Foursquare adds the businesses’ Twitter handle to some of those posts If [...]
- Foursquare’s post check-in advertising spotted in the wild June 19, 2013
- Feeling anti-social? Use Foursquare data to get as far away from your friends as possible June 19, 2013
- Austin Chronicle launches its own Foursquare badge June 18, 2013
- Share your trips and relive your past — across all your social media profiles — with Esplorio June 17, 2013
- Relive check-ins past and find new places to check in next with Foursquare’s new Time Machine June 13, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- Austin Chronicle says: To clarify, we are included in their national ad network, though...
- CrackedLCD says: Ha ha, too funny. I live on the coast so...
- Chris Thompson says: Thanks for the reply. Our information came from Voice Media themselves,...
- Thomas Hunsaker says: Agreed, this seems like a decent way to provide value. This...
- Austin Chronicle says: The Austin Chronicle is not an affiliate of Voice Media.
Also available in