Foursquare released version 5.4.2 of their iPhone app today. It was mostly a bug fix release, but one small surprise made it’s way into this version: users can now choose whether to get their directions from Apple’s built-in Maps application or from Google Maps. Since it was revealed earlier this afternoon, we’ve heard from many ecstatic users who dislike the bundled Maps.
- Highlight the little moments that make up your day with Days May 20, 2013
- Foursquare makes it easier to add hours for venues May 20, 2013
- B-Roll: Foursquare now lets you see more similar places May 17, 2013
- Highlight your Foursquare activity on Facebook with their new Timeline section May 16, 2013
- Foursquare adds more menus courtesy of Locu May 14, 2013
- Foursquare partners with NFL for Super Bowl Sunday February 3, 2011
- Getting your “baggage” handled by the TSA? Yeah, there’s a badge for that November 23, 2010
- Spooooooky: Foursquare announces new Halloween badges October 26, 2012
- Help “Turn the World Red” on World AIDS Day to unlock your (RED) badge November 29, 2010
- Check in at Toys R Us on Thursday night for a special discount and a badge November 22, 2010
- c0wb0yz says: Still not mobile friendly. It's a pity. It would be way...
- Chris Thompson says: Yes. They either have to have hours or enough check-ins to...
- PierJes says: OK. I just noticed some venues has the "hours editing" links and...
- Chris Thompson says: Agreed. I miss having those. Useful for things like brunch or...
- Chris Thompson says: Hmm. I just tried this venue and it showed the hour...
Also available in