Welcome to the About Foursquare podcast! Each week, our hosts Eric Leist and Ching Yu recap the latest foursquare news.
In this episode, they covered:
- New Badges: Perth, Australia; Seoul, South Korea; TIM Brasil; London 2012 Join In; Olympic Ticket
- Foursquare now lets businesses speak directly to their customers with local updates
- Foursquare begins generating revenue thanks to promoted updates
- Former Yahoo exec heads foursquare’s ad sales
- Best Buy offers $20 off a $200 purchase with foursquare and American Express
- Dennis Crowley appears in ads for Best Buy
- Legal Sea Foods’ foursquare-powered gumball machine
- Check in at Olive Garden for a chance to win dinner and a movie
- Untappd launches a completely new app featuring beer discovery and much more
- Foursquare tips come to Bing’s social sidebar
- Lanyrd introduces a foursquare connected app to provide more information about conferences
- Buy and manage the places you visit with Landlord
- Along the Way finds places to stop on your next road trip using the foursquare API
We’re excited to have Dunkin’ Donuts (American Runs on Dunkin’) as our sponsor. Comment on this blog post and we’ll draw a winner (next week!) from among all the podcast comments each month to win a $25 Dunkin’ Donuts gift card. Thanks to DC Dunkin’ and Dunkin’ Donuts for joining us!
This month’s winner is Dwayne Kilbourne.